Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm bent, turned and......

curly.....
Ok so I decided roll my hair with those 'ole fashoned sponge rollers that are usually pink. Since I'm not a pink sorta girl, I mean I have it in my closet, but I don't make that a habit. Ok, hold on I done got off track. So, I bought green and black. I rolled it the night before church & what you see above is the result. It was nice until I went out into the blustering cold wintery wind of the Detroit. Little did my lil ones know that they were defeated before they had a chance. Anyway, we pressed on to the house of the Lord anyway. I got a lot of compliments on my hair, its growth, and its style.

Thinking that this was a fluke I decided to try it again for Monday, a start to a work week I knew would end with a glass of wine and.....(ok a bottle of wine) and a HOT BATH!!! So, Monday I went to work didn't take pictures until after my day was over and was getting ready to call it a night. Take a look & tell me whatcha think....

I didn't think I would get to this point of curling my locs. I thought I would just be freestylin' for a 'lil longer. I'm gonna try smaller rods and see what the turn out will be.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

U go girl!!! your curls are rockin..with your length you can try perm rods,soft curlers or even pipe cleaners..have fun styling

Unknown said...

They are gorgeous!

Ro~ said...

Erykah & Iasade,
Thanks ladies. I'm gonna try some more styles, so be on the look out.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I've been sisterlocked since July 27, 2008 and I can't wait until they "drop". I would say that my length is comparable to yours but due to the stage I'm in, they don't hang like yours', however, I'm patiently anticipating that day..peace&blessings
Brenda

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Ain't nothing wrong with pink, lol.
Your curls came out great!

Ro~ said...

Thanks Brenda & Buttah,
I'm tryin to be more adventurous when it comes to my hair.

Starshadow said...

They held up well and look good on you.

Ro~ said...

Stara,
Thanks Suga, but my poor 'lil babies had no chance with the wind that was blowin' that day, LOL!

Afrolady said...

Your hair looks GREAT. I an so glad that you stayed patient with your hair. AND, I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who had all those doubts, questions and what-if moments. Keep on keepin' on girl. Peace Lovie!!

Anonymous said...

Nice, Very Nice!!!

Take Care~ ;)

Ro~ said...

AfroLady, yeah I wasn't givin' up that eaisily. I needed mo time, to see what my hair was gonna do. I'm gladd I kept the faith.

QueenLi, thank you very much. I'll try to do more update & more frequently. So, stop by anytime, you never know.

Maryee said...

I really miss that length!! Lovely girl!!!